WMMB director elections are handled by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP). Questions regarding elections should be directed to Noel Favia at DATCP at 608-224-5140.
As information (e.g. press releases, calendars, bios, links, etc.) becomes available during the election process, it will be added below:
Each year, a portion of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB) 25-member board is elected to three-year terms. WMMB directors guide the organization's financial affairs, formulate and set WMMB policies, approve the organization's mission and serve on one of two committees – Channel Management or Communications. All directors must be active dairy producers who sell milk into commercial channels and live in the district where they are nominated.
In 2013, eight districts are up for election. Those districts and their respective WMMB incumbent directors are listed below:
- District 3 - Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Taylor (incumbent Ed Jasurda)
- District 6 - Chippewa, Eau Claire (incumbent Vivian Thompson)
- District 9 - Menominee, Shawano, Waupaca (incumbent Jeff Strassburg)
- District 12 - Portage, Waushara, Wood (incumbent Ken Heiman)
- District 15 - Adams, Juneau, Monroe (incumbent Mary Cook)
- District 18 - Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Washington, Waukesha (incumbent Dean Strauss)
- District 21 - Crawford, Vernon (incumbent Kevin Walleser)
- District 24 - Dane, Jefferson (incumbent Tina Hinchley)
WMMB director elections are handled by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP). Questions regarding elections should be directed to DATCP's Noel Favia at 608-224-5140.
The WMMB Director Candidate Information page provides some background about WMMB and highlights director roles, responsibilities and compensation.
As other information (e.g. press releases, nominee biographies, forms, etc.) becomes available, links to that information can be found at the top of this page. If you have any other questions specific to WMMB, contact Gina Bauer at 800-373-9662.